Pages

November 17, 2022

New Resin!

 This post will be all about the process of painting this adorable fellow.


Picking the color and pattern on this guy was very difficult. None that I had 'sketched' out really seemed to be right. Finally after a lot of thought, I picked out a minimal sabino pattern:
Of course, he had to be black. I specialize in dark horse colors, so I figured that he should be one too.

Prepping and priming was a bit of a mess- I missed sanding quite a few seams, and there are a few bumps from the primer, I only noticed *after* I started painting him. 🙄

I wasn't able to document any of the base coat painting process, due to my phone refusing to focus on him. I started him out in a lovely red chestnut color. Black was layered on over time. 

A sunbleached effect was added to his mane and tail. It was also subtly added around his eyes, cheeks, and leg joints.



Leg markings were slightly difficult, but nothing horrible. They took a lot of layers to be nice and opaque.



The face marking was a breeze compared to the legs. It only took a few layers of white to look amazing. I love his little chin marking. A touch of pink shading was added as well.

I didn't do very much with the eyes, they are extremely small, and honestly- wouldn't look very nice if they had tons of detail.




The finished product! Hooves are one of my weakest skills as a model painter, but I think these ones turned out decent.


His show name is Morin Khuur, named after a Mongolian stringed instrument (popularized by The Hu).
* not my photo *


No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction!

  Welcome to my blog! This will be my first post, so I wanted to share a little about me :) I mainly collect Breyers and Stones. 1:9 and 1:...