Pages

October 14, 2022

New Peter Stone Chips!

 I had never seen Stones being sold in-person in all my years of collecting, then I discovered an antique store that had oodles of them.

I forgot to post about them the first time I went there (and bought two), but I returned a few months later and picked up a couple more.


1st Visit:

Cicada
Bo Peep



2nd Visit:
(Currently unknown OF name)
Lam, a steer that came with Bo Peep. Luckily, I was able to find him the second time visiting the store.

I set the most recent pair of models on the counter, and immediately heard one of the most painful noises that a collector could hear. The employee had taken the black overo and flipped him upside down to remove the tags and rubbed him against the glass counter. It was an awful screeching sound. I would have expected there to be a million rubs from this rough handling, but none were to be found. Stones thankfully seem to have very durable paint.

This is one of my favorite 'antique' hunting spots, mostly due to them having so many Stones. All of them were in excellent condition, and a few CM chips were in the mix too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction!

  Welcome to my blog! This will be my first post, so I wanted to share a little about me :) I mainly collect Breyers and Stones. 1:9 and 1:...